Join Our Team
Web Application Developer
Title: Web Application Developer
Position: Full-Time (~40-hour work week M-F)
Location: Fully Remote
Salary Range: Subject to experience
Reports to: CTO and CIO of AdvertiseCast
Who We AreAdvertiseCast, recently acquired by Liberated Syndication in June 2021 (Public Stock Symbol LSYN) provides podcast advertising solutions to independent podcasters and audio advertisers. AdvertiseCast consists of over 3,000+ high quality podcasts on its platform with 100+ being represented exclusively by AdvertiseCast. AdvertiseCast is an equal opportunity employer.
The OpportunityThis is a new position within the AdvertiseCast development team which will play a key role in planning, developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining various components of the AdvertiseCast platform. This team member will design, develop and implement innovative web services and applications for podcast advertising campaign management.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with management and departments to identify end-user needs.
- Designing algorithms and flowcharts to create new programs and systems.
- Develop separate elements of software that work well with the program as a whole.
- Produce efficient and elegant code based on requirements.
- Ensure continued functionality during testing, deployment and maintenance of software.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software.
- Developing technical documentation to guide future software maintenance and development.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly, yet professional work demeanor.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Google Office Suite or related software.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in web application development and demonstrated success with high-end web applications.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix command line, REST architecture and OAuth.
- Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of IT concepts including databases, structures, software/application development, and testing techniques.
- Knowledge of Object-Relational Mapping frameworks.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently or as part of a team.
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks.
- Experience with third-party API integration (REST, XML-RPC).
- Experience with Stripe payments API.
- Experience with common testing practices.
- Familiarity with PCI compliance and best practices.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage.
- Long-Term Disability Coverage.
- 401(k) Saving Plan.
- Paid Vacations and Holidays.
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements.
- Educational Opportunities.
Why AdvertiseCast?AdvertiseCast is a rapidly-growing company that will be doubling in size over the next few years. This is a unique opportunity for a strong candidate to join the team early and evolve with the organization in a variety of facets.
- Growth – We are a firm believer that finding passionate, intelligent people is the key to success. We have had great success hiring individuals "fresh out of school", who are now leaders in the organization. At AdvertiseCast, your potential is limitless.
- Change of Pace – Every day is different. As a growing company, we wear many hats and tackle many different initiatives. You will always be learning and will be working closely with the leaders/founders of the organization. You will have exposure to many aspects of the business and will have the opportunity to grow in the direction that best suits you.
- Culture – We pride ourselves on our culture. While many companies preach "work hard, play hard," we truly believe it at AdvertiseCast. We have a great team and always find time to enjoy a work-life balance.