Podcast Marketing 2022 Ultimate Guide
Ready to Grow your Audience?Learn More
- Reach out to Facebook groups and hit up the moderators. Ask them if they would be interested in being a guest on your show. More than likely they will take you up on the offer. After the episode airs, see if they would be so kind to share it with their Facebook group. Works like a charm!
- Invite guests in your niche that are not super popular or celebrity status. They will do a better job promoting the episode on their social channels than a popular celebrity. This will lead to more exposure for you. Make it easy for them by tweeting it out and mentioning them within the tweet.
- Be a guest on similar type podcasts. This is one of the best ways to drive new listeners to your show. With you being an industry knowledge expert and bringing this information over.
- Find people that are experts in your field. This content will be instantly engaging.
- Give your audience 1-2 post-roll calls-to-action. The key here is to make the call-to-action super easy to remember. This can be done by sending them to a memorable URL or having them text a short code to a number that will instantly send them information.
- Ask your audience what topics, guests, or show ideas would interest them.
- Visit online places where your audience goes. Find web forums, online hangouts, Facebook groups, subreddits, and get involved here. Join these communities and build trust.
- Find podcasts similar to yours and ask the host if they would be open to cross promoting each others' shows. Find similar podcasts to promote your podcast. You can also try using AdvertiseCast to facilitate this.
- Run RSS drops on other shows! What is this? This is when you place an episode of your podcast on another podcast feed. Choose a show similar to yours and see if they're willing to swap RSS drops. Great effective way to help other listeners discover your podcast.
- Ask to be featured on Pocket Casts. Pocket Casts has a featured section that will get your podcast in front of thousands of new listeners.
Utilize Social Media Marketing
- Engage with your audience or community on all social channels. This includes your Facebook page, your Facebook timeline, your Facebook story, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more.
- Create a Facebook group that allows you to interact with your audience.
- Create a Twitter account that gives you an outlet to share things you're doing and also interesting things going on in your space. Share the audio of the episode on a Twitter card.
- Follow similar shows or people/businesses in your space on Twitter. Retweet their content. Make sure your Twitter profile has your podcast info and link.
- Post a screenshot of each episode to your Instagram feed. Then link to your podcast from your profile.
- Create engaging video snippets of your episodes and post these on your social media channels including Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Create an audiogram (animated waveform visually representing your audio clip) and post this to your social channels.
- Share small audio clips of your podcast episodes. Overcast has a great clip sharing feature to help you with this.
- Use a service like Chartable to post one easy link to your episode(s). Chartable figures out what podcast player they're using and will route them to it. And it also tracks all the clicks and downloads that result from your post.
Build out your Personal Brand and Website
- Create a home (website) where new listeners can find you. Most probably won't discover you from a podcast app/player, they will find out about you from a web search or referral from a friend. This means it's important to have multiple sources of content or repurpose your content for audio, a blog/episode show notes on your site, and even a video you can place on YouTube. The more exposure you have across multiple channels, the better chances new people will discover you.
- Create show notes for each episode on your website. Why? Google is now displaying your show notes information on their Google Podcast player page. Example 1: Google Player taken from Show Notes Page, Example 2: Google Player taken from Show Notes Page, Example 3: Google Player taken from Show Notes Page. So it makes even more sense to start creating show notes for your episodes as new listeners/users will find your podcast in Google search results based on related key words and search phrases.
- Post detailed episode show note pages on your website. This is great for SEO and great for attracting new subscribers.
- Be sure to mention how advertisers and sponsors can advertise on your show. Ideally in your show notes give them a link to your AdvertiseCast listing so they can get in touch with us!
- Attend conferences and trade shows that relate to your podcast. Bring a stack of business cards to hand out as your network and meet people. You even could go so far as to renting out your own booth or being a sponsor of the conference.
- Run contests or giveaways for people that leave a review, subscribe or call-in. You could give away podcast swag or mention their review on air.
- Attend local meetups or events in your niche to raise awareness of your show.
- Join a podcast network that specializes in your content niche.
- Submit press releases to local media sources. Local newspapers and TV networks love to feature stories like this. The space is new and hip and they want to cover it.
Ready to grow your listening audience?
Promote your podcast to 1700+ paying advertisersLearn More