Podcast Marketing 2018 Ultimate Guide
Ready to Grow your Audience?See Growth Plans
- Reach out to Facebook groups and hit up the moderators. Ask them if they would be interested in being a guest on your show. More than likely they will take you up on the offer. After the episode airs, see if they would be so kind to share it with their Facebook group. Works like a charm!
- Invite guests in your niche that are not super popular or celebrity status. They will do a better job promoting the episode on their social channels than a popular celebrity. This will lead to more exposure for you. Make it easy for them by tweeting it out and mentioning them within the tweet.
- Find people that are experts in your field. This content will be instantly engaging.
- Give your audience 1-2 post-roll calls-to-action. The key here is to make the call-to-action super easy to remember. This can be done by sending them to a memorable URL or having them text a short code to a number that will instantly send them information.
- Ask your audience what topics, guests, or show ideas would interest them.
- Visit online places where your audience goes. Find web forums, online hangouts, Facebook groups, subreddits, and get involved here. Join these communities and build trust.
- Find podcasts similar to yours and ask the host if they would be open to cross promoting each others' shows. Find similar podcasts to promote your podcast. You can also try using AdvertiseCast to facilitate this.
Utilize Social Media Marketing
- Engage with your audience or community on all social channels. This includes your Facebook page, your Facebook timeline, your Facebook story, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and more.
- Create a Facebook group that allows you to interact with your audience.
- Create a Twitter account that gives you an outlet to share things you're doing and also interesting things going on in your space. Share the audio of the episode on a Twitter card.
- Follow similar shows or people/businesses in your space on Twitter. Retweet their content. Make sure your Twitter profile has your podcast info and link.
- Post a screenshot of each episode to your Instagram feed. Then link to your podcast from your profile.
Build out your Personal Brand and Website
- Create a home (website) where new listeners can find you. Most probably won't discover you from a podcast app/player, they will find out about you from a web search or referral from a friend. This means it's important to have multiple sources of content or repurpose your content for audio, a blog/episode show notes on your site, and even a video you can place on YouTube. The more exposure you have across multiple channels, the better chances new people will discover you.
- Post detailed episode show note pages on your website. This is great for SEO and great for attracting new subscribers.
- Attend trade shows that relate to your podcast. You could go so far as getting a booth or sponsoring the event. This works great for attracting new listeners.
- Run contests or giveaways for people that subscribe or call-in.
- Attend local meetups or events in your niche to raise awareness of your show.
- Join a podcast network that specializes in your content niche.
- Submit press releases to local media sources. Local newspapers and TV networks love to feature stories like this. The space is new and hip and they want to cover it.
Ready to grow your listening audience?
Promote your podcast to 250+ paying advertisersLearn More